If you would like to access Tamborine Mental Health Nursing Services there are a number of ways that you can do this.
- Your GP can refer you directly to Diane Hickey using a “Referral form for Individual Allied Health Services under Medicare for patients with a chronic medical condition and complex care needs”. The item number is Mental Health Worker 10956. You can have up to 5 free visits under this program. You need a MHCP from your doctor as part of this.
- If you are pregnant now or have been in the past 12 months, or your baby is under 1 year old your GP can refer you directly to Diane Hickey under item 81010 with a referral letter for counselling. No Mental Health Care Plan is necessary.
- You can self refer to any of our Credentialed Mental Health Nurses, charges apply. Ring us or email us in confidence to discuss how we can help you. (email link here)
- We are a registered NDIS service provider. We can assist you with the planning process. Once you have activated your NDIS plan we have nurses and support workers who can help you live a more fulfilling life.
If you are experiencing a mental health problem or someone you know is having difficulties it is important that you seek appropriate professional help. Our service does not take referrals directly from the public for people who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
If you or someone you know needs immediate help you can:
- call 000 and they will assist you
- go to the Accident and Emergency Dept at your local hospital
- call your local Mental Health Crisis team for assistance
- call your GP for an appointment
For more information about any of our services or to discuss how Tamborine Mental Health Nursing Services can assist you email or call us on 1300 669 096.